Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The marathon

This past week has felt a little like a marathon. As many of you know I have been working towards going to the CIT training session on Sep. 10th. You may also know that I am the kind of person who has some trouble putting days and dates together. In other words I am fully capable of wanting to do something the day after it happens without realizing any sort of discrepancy. So, I did not realize just how close I was to my deadline until I was pushed into it (I’ll go into that in a bit). To make a long story short my late submission made everyone’s life a bit hustled and awkward and in the end I wound up not having as much money in my account as I had originally thought. My goal, therefore, has changed from hoping to go to training on Sep. 10th to hoping to go in February. My highest of hopes in this is that I will be able to raise ALL of my support by that time.

The major setback to this is the thing I referred to as “pushing” me earlier. I had been working as a substitute teacher for money to survive on (paying bills, buying gas and whatnot). Apparently the Coffee County School System is running low on money in their budget. To fix this they decided that the best move was to stop using outside substitute teachers in lieu of actual teachers who apparently have quite a bit of free time on their hands (That’s a joke, by the way). So, I need to find some way of getting money now.

So, this has been an interesting week to be sure. The passage that keeps popping up is Matthew 6:25-34 in that through not meeting my goal to go to training and losing my job so suddenly with no real replacement I still have no reason to worry. God provides for his creation and all the more for his children.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!!!

Clevey said...

The odds may be the greatest at this point, but may God vindicate His work!

Skwirl said...

Keith- Thanks man, I always appreciate prayer.

Clevey- I agree, no worries there.

Robert said...

right there with you, bud. hang in there. God will take care of you.

see you at training!

Skwirl said...

Robert- Yeah, I'm really looking forward to hanging out with you guys and the Wills!