Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sick, but with new ideas

On Saturday me and my friend Deek went out to get some soda from a local gas station. He took me because of its ingenious quality of having not merely your pick of different varieties of Pepsi brand soda, but also your pick of different flavorings to add to it! I got Sprite and Deek got Dr. Pepper, both with vanilla flavoring added to it. We tried each other's concoctions out of pure curiosity, and so I've inherited Deek's sickness this week. It hasn't been too bad, but it did force me to go to bed around 8:00 Monday night.
The new idea part comes in because I'm trying to implement an idea from one of my superiors at UWM into my fund raising. I've been asking people to put on dessert parties that I can speak at. The hope in this is twofold
1) I hope to raise financial support from it (obviously)
2) I hope to get people more involved in what I'm doing so that I have a better relationship with the people who are supporting me. I feel strongly about working with people as a concept, and this is a good way to put that into practice I think.
If anyone has any other ideas I WOULD REALLY AND TRULY LIKE TO HEAR THEM! So, email me or post a comment on by blog. I really and truly want to be working with all of you so feedback would be much appreciated, even if it a critique of what I'm doing.
Also I am going to have a pretty busy weekend. On Saturday the band that I am in is going to play a the skate board park that I work at and then on Sunday I will be taking the youth of New Harmony Grove to Nashville GA for the last performance of the mini tour that I had mentioned last week.

1 comment:

Christian the Christian said...

WHAT AN INGENIOUS WAY TO HAVE AN EPIPHANY! Share soda, get sick and have lots of time on your hands to think... IT'S GENIOUS! Dude, I wonder if that's how Aristotle, Descartes and Steven Spielberg do it!?!? lol I'm stoked that things seem to be moving though... good luck with the socials! Praying for you...